City Unity College, in partnership with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers a post graduate program on International Hospitality & Tourism Management.
The program is designed to offer future professionals a solid knowledge of problem solving as well as interpersonal skills combined with an in-depth understanding of the hospitality industry. Future executives will be able to operate at junior, middle or senior management positions in the hospitality industry as well as in the organization and management of hotels, restaurants, and various corporate hospitality units.
Students attend five (5) compulsory modules and two (2 ) elective modules depending on their field of specialization. Upon completion of their courses, students deliver their diploma thesis.
- A program degree is vital to the competitive international labor markets of the E.U., the USA, the UAE, etc. Many graduates are already working abroad.
- Great demand for specialized business executives who are graduates of British universities
- Leading academics with many years of teaching and professional experience present a combination of theoretical and practical knowledge.
- The mix of students and executives from abroad makes this postgraduate program highly competitive as different cultures and business models they bring from various countries constitute a huge capital of experiences in the context of a globalized economy.
- The program graduates’ salaries are raised faster and steadier, with job opportunities increasing rapidly.
- It is the ideal tool for starting one’s own business offering a broad view of how to hedge business risks.
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for ‘International student support’ in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
- Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education’s Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
- In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
- 95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- Collaboration with high quality UK university curriculums – from universities highly-rated in the United Kingdom (CMET)
- The programs are taught in English.
- Experienced business professionals who have an excellent and direct knowledge of the market teach the program’s courses.
- Competitive tuition fees / exceptional value for money.
- Courses are a combination of theoretical studies and practical teaching, with students being actively involved.
- A multicultural environment gives students an opportunity for international networking
- The College organizes workshops and seminars with speakers from various professional disciplines, offering extra incentives to students.
- Interdisciplinary synergies with other departments (Psychology, Information Technology) in various projects and researches.
- Close cooperation between CMET and CUC through a complex process that ensures the soundness and quality of education.
- Excellent collaboration between instructors and students through an Intranet that provides all the educational material on time so that students can plan their study time.
The progam is offered full time and part time (2 years).The program is not offered as a distance learning degree and students should participate in weekly three-hour meetings. In addition, students can organize additional meetings with their professors (either in person or online) during office hours or by email, etc. The evaluation of each course is done by a combination of exams, papers, and presentations. All students are required to take exams and / or tasks according to course description.
- Managing People & Markets across cultures
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industries in Context
- Industry Project Management
- Exploring Hospitality & Tourism Landscapes
- Research Methods
- Crisis, Risk and Strategic Change Management
Students can design, with their professors’ assistance, their method of studying. At the same time, the course structure and the various teaching methods have been designed to support this practice. Micro-teaching is encouraged through the use of specific international practices such as case studies, while practical training is complemented by the use of appropriate materials, videos, computer software, etc.
The teaching material is presented through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops.
Lectures are an important part of the program’s teaching strategy as well as an effective way of presenting the educational material in an interactive, collaborative way.
- Tutorial meetings
These sessions are intended to cover issues that cannot be done within a classroom time framework and are provided to assist students with any questions they may have. These meetings may be about:
– Solving practical issues that arise from the curriculum
– Resolving questions
Seminars may involve meetings of a student or group of students with their professors in order to present a project or a work within the scope of a course; students of different levels may attend the seminars. This strategy is used to openly transfer knowledge to all students regardless of their level, thus enhancing the student-centered approach the City Unity College faculty puts special emphasis on.
Laboratories are widely used in a number of modules throughout the program. In these classes students are able to practice and improve their skills in a supportive environment by faculty members. Laboratories are the transition from theory to practice.
- Case studies
Case studies are a fundamental teaching and learning strategy, as well as an evaluation tool where students present and elaborate on real or virtual complex issues, which are required to analyze in detail and then compose their answers in writing or orally.
- Lectures by distinguished speakers
From time to time, market and business people are invited to update students on current issues related to their studies and to offer a practical understanding and connections with the labor market.
* Some teaching methods might not apply to all subjects.
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Nicosia.
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Master program are:
- an undergraduate degree awarded by another recognized certification body (2: 2 or higher); or
- non-degree qualification or a key-qualification considered to be satisfactory for enrollment in the postgraduate program.
Students without these qualifications will be assessed for their eligibility through an interview and, where appropriate, through proper recommendations.
Non-graduates without the formal qualifications (ie: fewer qualifications than required for enrollment) may have to compensate for them with relevant professional experience, provided that these candidates have held for at least five (5) years , a managerial responsible job related to the postgraduate diploma they wish to pursue.
The program, the department and the institution take quality assurance measures to ensure that high standards are observed consistently.
Need Proof of English minimum level B2.