Aim of the programme
City Unity College, in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers an MBA (Master in Business Administration).
The MBA is an internationally recognized postgraduate degree in business administration for a prospective student to certify his administrative/executive skills. Our students come from both the private and public sectors, while participation of executives from abroad makes the program particularly competitive.
The elective courses focus on specific areas: Finance, Health Units Management, Human Resource Management, Islamic Finance, Marketing, Product Development Management, and Project management.
Students attend five (5) compulsory courses and two (2) elective courses subject to their specialization. Upon completion of their courses, students deliver their dissertation.
1 Year / 180 Credits
Why choose the programme?
- It is a key to success in the highly competitive international labor markets: EU, USA, UAE, etc. Many graduates are already working abroad.
- There is great demand for specialized business executives/administrators who are graduates of British universities.
- Excellent employment prospects in dynamically growing sectors (finance, human resources management, marketing, etc.).
- Combination of theoretical and practical knowledge by leading academics with a long-standing teaching and professional experience
- Graduates may register at City Unity Business Club, an organized network that advances their networking into the job market.
- The presence of students and executives from abroad makes this postgraduate program highly competitive as diverse cultures and various business models constitute an enormous human capital full of experiences and practices within a globalized economy.
- Since the MBA is one of the few postgraduate programs that do not require a specific academic and professional background, it makes it even more competitive, as diverse experiences offer a more dynamic teaching style.
- The salary increases of MBA graduates are definitely faster than in other sectors, as job opportunities are growing faster.
- MBA is the ideal tool for someone to start his/her own business having a better overview on how to hedge business risks.
|MBA-7000||People and Organizations|
|MBA-7001||Accounting for Decision Makers|
|2 Pathway Courses|
|CIS-7026||Business Process and Data Analysis||Business Analytics|
|CIS-7029||Social Media Analytics for Business||Business Analytics|
|MBA-7005||Management of Finance||Finance|
|MBA-7006||Finance for International Business||Finance|
|MBA-7070||Leadership Health Sector Management||Health Sector Management|
|MBA-7071||Health Sector Operations Management||Health Sector Management|
|MBA-7062||Developing People for Leadership and Management||HRM|
|MBA-7008||Managing People in a Global Context||HRM|
|MKT-7005||Strategic Global Marketing||Marketing|
|MKT-7001||Consumer Behaviour - Knowing Your Consumer||Marketing|
|MPM-7001||Project Management Theory and Practice||Project Management|
|MPM-7007||Management of Mega and Complex Projects||Project Management|
|ISC-7000||Logistics in a Global Context||Supply Chain and Logistics|
|ISC-7002||Supply Chain and Logistics Management||Supply Chain and Logistics|
Students can design, with their professors’ assistance, their method of studying. At the same time, the course structure and the various teaching methods have been designed to support this practice. Micro-teaching is encouraged through the use of specific international practices such as case studies, while practical training is complemented by the use of appropriate materials, videos, computer software, etc.
The teaching material is presented through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops. *Some teaching methods might not apply to all subjects.
Book Online Appointment
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Master’s degree program are:
- a Bachelor degree awarded by another approved degree awarding body (2:2 or higher), or
- a non-graduate qualification which is deemed to be of satisfactory standard for admission into the postgraduate program
Students who do not hold such qualifications will be assessed for their suitability through an interview and, where necessary, through references.
Non-graduates who lack formal qualifications (ie: formal qualifications which marginally fall short of the normal minimum entry requirements) will have to compensate for by his/her relevant professional experience, provided that these candidates have held for a minimum of five (5) years, a key position relevant to the Master’s degree they wish to pursue.
There are quality assurance measures taken at program, school and institutional level to ensure standards are consistently met.
Need Proof of English minimum level B2.
Why study at City Unity College?
Accredited Programmes of Study
Experienced Academic Staff
Affordable tuition fees
Fingertip access to all learning material (Online & Mobile App learning platform - eClass)
Collaboration with overseas Universities
Modern technology used in classrooms, amphitheaters and laboratories
College campus composed of 4 buildings (modern cafeterias, restaurant, conference facilities)
Multi workshops and seminars with guest speakers from the industry
Strong student support services
Opportunity support in research
Member of the Erasmus+ mobility scheme
Why choose Cardiff Metropolitan University?
Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for ‘International student support’ in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education’s Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)