City Unity College, in cooperation with Cardiff Metropolitan University, offers a postgraduate program in Law – LLM International Business.
The program aims to provide students with the opportunity to study specialized areas of Law in international business and to provide them with the necessary skills for a professional career in a global environment.
Elective courses focus on specific areas
- Information Technology and Intellectual Property
- Employment and Human Resource Management
Students attend five (5) compulsory modules/courses and two (2) elective modules/courses depending on their field of specialization. Upon completion of their courses, students deliver their diploma thesis.
- It is a key to success in the highly competitive international labor markets: EU, USA, UAE, etc. Many graduates are already working abroad.
- There is great demand for specialized business executives/administrators who are graduates of British universities.
- Excellent employment prospects in dynamically growing sectors (finance, human resources management, marketing, etc.).
- Combination of theoretical and practical knowledge by leading academics with a long-standing teaching and professional experience
- Graduates may register at City Unity Business Club, an organized network that advances their networking into the job market.
- The presence of students and executives from abroad makes this postgraduate program highly competitive as diverse cultures and various business models constitute an enormous human capital full of experiences and practices within a globalized economy.
- Since the MBA is one of the few postgraduate programs that do not require a specific academic and professional background, it makes it even more competitive, as diverse experiences offer a more dynamic teaching style.
- The salary increases of MBA graduates are definitely faster than in other sectors, as job opportunities are growing faster.
- MBA is the ideal tool for someone to start his/her own business having a better overview on how to hedge business risks.
- Cardiff Met has a Silver Teaching Excellence Framework (TFE) rating (HEFCE 2017)
- The University is consistently ranked as one of the top universities in the UK (The Times Good University Guide, The Sunday Times University Guide, The Guardian University Guide, The Independent Complete University Guide)
- Cardiff Met has been ranked the top University in the UK for ‘International student support’ in the International Student Barometer for six years (ISB 2010-2015)
- Cardiff Met won the Times Higher Education’s Most Improved Student Experience Award in 2014
- In 2015, CMET was the 3rd most improved UK University in the Complete University Guide list.
- 95% of the graduates are working or continue further studies within six months of graduation (DLHE 2016)
- Collaboration with high quality UK university curriculums – from universities highly-rated in the United Kingdom (CMET)
- The programs are taught in English
- Experienced business professionals who have an excellent and direct knowledge of the market teach the program’s courses
- Competitive tuition fees / exceptional value for money
- Courses are a combination of theoretical studies and practical teaching, with students being actively involved
- A multicultural environment gives students an opportunity for international networking
- The College organizes workshops and seminars with speakers from various professional disciplines, offering extra incentives to students
- The CUC Business Club is a dynamic alumni body which helps graduates to develop strong interpersonal relationships and professional networking
- Interdisciplinary synergies with other departments (Psychology, Information Technology) in various projects and researches.
- Close cooperation between CMET and CUC through a complex process that ensures the soundness and quality of education.
- Excellent collaboration between instructors and students through an Intranet that provides all the educational material on time so that students can plan their study time
- The faculty of the Business Department in collaboration with the Psychology Department offer psychological support to students throughout their studies
The program is offered full-time (1 year) or part-time (2 years). In order to obtain an LLM, each student must successfully complete a total of 180 credits; that is seven modules of 20 credits each, and a dissertation equivalent to 40 credits.
Each student studies four modules per semester, and each semester includes fifteen academic weeks. Students choose from the beginning their specialization in one of the following areas.
The program is not offered as distance learning, so students take part in weekly three-hour tutorial meetings. Furthermore, students can schedule additional meetings (either in person or electronically) with professors/tutors during office hours or via email, etc. The evaluation of each course is done through a combination of tests, assignments, and presentations. All students should participate in compulsory tests/exams and assignments depending on course description.
- International Business Law
- Legal Research skills
- Transnational Commercial Law
- The Role of Business in Society
- Legal Applications and Intellectual Property in Technology
- Legal Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business and Crime
Students, with their professors’ assistance, may arrange their method of studying. At the same time, the course structure and the various teaching methods have been designed to support this practice. Micro-teaching is encouraged through the use of specific international practices such as case studies, while practical training is complemented by the use of appropriate materials, videos, computer software, etc.
The teaching material is presented through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops.
Lectures are an important part of the program’s teaching strategy as well as an effective way of presenting the educational material in an interactive, collaborative way.
- Tutorial meetings
these sessions are intended to deal with issues that haven’t been covered within a classroom time framework. Tutorials are provided to support students to resolve any questions they may have. These meetings may be about:
– Solving practical issues that arise from the curriculum
– Resolving questions
Seminars may involve meetings of a student or group of students with their professors in order to present a project or a work within the scope of a course; students of different levels may attend the seminars. This strategy is used to openly transfer knowledge to all students regardless of their level, thus enhancing the student-centered approach the City Unity College faculty puts special emphasis on.
Laboratories are widely used in a number of modules throughout the program. In these classes students are able to practice and improve their skills in a supportive environment by faculty members. Laboratories are the transition from theory to practice.
- Case studies
Case studies are a fundamental teaching and learning strategy, as well as an evaluation tool. It is used for students to present and elaborate on real or virtual complex issues, which are first analyzed in detail, and then students outline their answers in writing or orally.
- Lectures by distinguished speakers
From time to time, market and business people are invited to update students on current issues related to their studies and to offer a practical understanding and connections with the labor market.
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Nicosia.
The minimum requirements for enrollment in the Master’s degree program are:
- a Bachelor degree awarded by another approved degree awarding body (2:2 or higher), or
- a non-graduate qualification which is deemed to be of satisfactory standard for admission into the postgraduate program
Students who do not hold such qualifications will be assessed for their suitability through an interview and, where necessary, through references.
Non-graduates who lack formal qualifications (ie: formal qualifications which marginally fall short of the normal minimum entry requirements) will have to compensate for by their relevant professional experience, provided that these candidates have held for a minimum of five (5) years, a key position relevant to the Master’s degree they wish to pursue.
There are quality assurance measures taken at program, school and institutional level to ensure standards are consistently met.
Need Proof of English minimum level B2.