City Unity College offers a 2-Year Diploma program in Hospitality Animation.
The Hospitality & Tourism Animation Program aims to develop entertainers/animators: talented and creative professionals committed to entertain people on their vacations. Leisure time animation is a special division of tourism and its purpose is to increase the net profits of a hotel.
Trained and talented animators can positively affect the brand image, marketing, public relations, as well as the customer loyalty.
With the completion of this program students are expected to develop the following knowledge and skills:
- Animations techniques: The basic functions of animation which are theatrical, dance music, activities and stage operations
- Hospitality & Tourism Business knowledge: The basic functions of business which are marketing, management, economics and finance
- Critical Thinking: To identify business problems, study and analyze them and make sound business decisions
- Communication: To demonstrate leadership and communication skills (oral and written) and exhibit professional behavior
• Collaboration with high quality British university degree programs – highly rated UK Universities (CMET)
• The programs are taught in Greek or English Language.
• Classes are taught by experienced professors who have very good connections in the market
• Highly competitive tuition fees – good value for money
• Courses are a combination of theory and practical studies, with active students’ participation
• Multicultural environment which gives students the opportunity for an international networking
• The College organizes workshops and seminars with guest speakers from the industry, providing great incentives for the students
• Interdisciplinary synergies with other departments (Psychology, Computer Science) in various projects and researches
• Close cooperation between CMET and CUC through an elaborate process that ensures the soundness and quality of education.
• Excellent collaboration between instructors and students through an Intranet that provides all the educational material on time, so students can schedule their study time.
• Psychological support to all students throughout their studies.
The program is offered for a full-time 2-year period. Students must successfully complete 120 ECTS credits.
After successful completion of the program, the student will be awarded the Diploma degree in Hospitality and Tourism Animation.
The program is not offered as distance learning, so students must be present in class. Furthermore, students can schedule additional meetings (either in person or electronically) with professors/tutors during office hours or via email, etc. All students should participate in compulsory tests/exams and assignments depending on course description.
- Introduction to the Hospitality and Tourism Business environment
- Hospitality Animation
- English Composition
- Foreign Language I
- Front Office Management
- Introduction to Management
- Advanced English Writing
- Foreign Language II
- Indoor/Outdoor Stage Operations Management & Theory
- Children Activities Management & Theory
- Customer Service Management
- Geography of Tourism
- Sports & Leisure Management & Theory
- Animator Behaviour & Business Ethics
- Theatre – Imitation – Pantomime and Drama Management & Theory
- Dance – movement and body language Management & Theory
Students can design, with their professors’ assistance, their method of studying. At the same time, the course structure and the various teaching methods have been designed to support this practice. Micro-teaching is encouraged through the use of specific international practices such as case studies, while practical training is complemented by the use of appropriate materials, videos, computer software, etc.
The teaching material is presented through a mix of lectures, seminars and workshops.
Lectures are an important part of the program’s teaching strategy as well as an effective way of presenting the educational material in an interactive, collaborative way.
- Tutorial meetings
These sessions are intended to cover issues that cannot be done within a classroom time framework and are provided to assist students with any questions they may have. These meetings may be about:
– Solving practical issues that arise from the curriculum
– Resolving questions
Seminars may involve meetings of a student or group of students with their professors in order to present a project or a work within the scope of a course; students of different levels may attend the seminars. This strategy is used to openly transfer knowledge to all students regardless of their level, thus enhancing the student-centered approach the City Unity College faculty puts special emphasis on.
Laboratories are widely used in a number of modules throughout the program. In these classes students are able to practice and improve their skills in a supportive environment by faculty members. Laboratories are the transition from theory to practice.
- Case studies
Case studies are a fundamental teaching and learning strategy, as well as an evaluation tool where students present and elaborate on real or virtual complex issues, which are required to analyze in detail and then compose their answers in writing or orally.
- Lectures by distinguished speakers
From time to time, market and business people are invited to update students on current issues related to their studies and to offer a practical understanding and connections with the labor market.
* Some teaching methods might not apply to all subjects.
All academic programs take place in our facilities at City Unity College, in the center of Nicosia.
All applicants should meet the following conditions:
• CUCN Application form
• Examination of Academic documents
• Examination of documents required by Local authorities – For International students
Academic entry requirements
• High School Leaving Certificates 10th& 12thLevel (min 50% GPA) – International students
• High School Leaving Certificate (min 60% / 12 out of 20) – European students
• English Language Certificate. Students that show no proof of English proficiency must take the
Placement Test and depending on how they score they will be placed in either one (1) or two (2) semesters Foundation program.
*International students are requested to submit a number of other supportive documents required by the Cyprus Migration departments