M.Sc. in International Hospitality & Tourism Management is designed to develop a reflexive practitioner with excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills together with an in-depth understanding of the hospitality industry who is capable of operating in a middle or senior management position in hospitality organization contexts – hotel, restaurant, corporate hospitality, events management – either in a general management capacity or in relation to the management of a specific functional area within a hospitality organization.
- Apply advanced theoretical knowledge in various vital areas of Hospitality and Tourism Management.
- Utilize analytical and problem-solving skills to cope with existing and upcoming industry challenges.
- Enhance their ability to conduct empirical and applied research and produce a high quality thesis / dissertation.
- Meet the challenges of today’s ever-demanding hospitality and tourism global market.
- Gain awareness of the cultural differences associated with managerial work in tourism and hospitality organizations.
- Be able to develop their aptitude for leadership and to appraise and respond to issues facing managers in general, and tourism and hospitality managers in particular.
- Managing People and Markets across cultures
- Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industries in context
- Industry Project Management
- Exploring Hospitality and Tourism Landscapes
- Research Methods
- Crisis, Risk & Strategic Change Management
1st Year – 1st Semester
|Managing People & Markets across cultures
|Tourism, Hospitality and Events Industries in Context
|Industry Project Management
Final Project (60 credits)
|Crisis, Risk and Strategic Change Management
|| 20 credits
The programme is open to all applicants who:
- Hold a bachelor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited or otherwise recognized institution (the undergraduate major doesn’t need to match up with your graduate programme)
- Alternatively have several years of work experience, at positions of relevance, in the field of the graduate programme; recommendation letters are welcome
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements.
For more information on CityU’s programmes, please fill in the contact form below and we will get back to you soon.