The LLM International Business programme aims to assist students in understanding global interconnectedness of economies, markets and industries within which transnational corporations compete, and an individual would need a high degree of knowledge and understanding of the municipal, regional and international customs, practices and laws.
Such an individual would also require a certain set of communication skills to draft, present, negotiate, moot and write in a disciplined way.
- Provide students with advanced knowledge and understanding of laws within business and market issues that are rooted in the international business and management environment.
- Offer students an opportunity to reflect on their own knowledge, experience and industry practice.
- Equip students with the necessary understanding of concepts and theories, and stimulate critical thinking and resolve legal disputes from a multi disciplinary perspective.
- Introduction to International Business
- Legal Research skills and Reasoning
- Transnational Commercial law
- The Role of Business in Society
- Legal Applications and Intellectual
- Property in Technology
- Legal Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions
- Business and Crime
- LLM International Business – Information Technology and Intellectual Property
- LLM International Business – Finance
- LLM International Business – Entrepreneurship
- LLM International Business – Employment and Human Resource
|Introduction to International Business||LLM-7001M||20 credits|
|Legal Research skills and Reasoning||LLM-7005M||20 credits|
|Transnational Commercial law||LLM-7003M||20 credits|
|The Role of Business in Society||LLM-7002M||20 credits|
|Legal Applications and Intellectual Property in Technology||LLM-7008M||20 credits|
|Legal Issues in Mergers and Acquisitions||LLM-7011M||20 credits|
|Business and Crime||LLM-7006M||20 credits|
- Hold a bachelor degree (or equivalent) from an accredited or otherwise recognized institution (the undergraduate major doesn’t need to match up with your graduate programme)
- Alternatively have several years of work experience, at positions of relevance, in the field of the graduate programme – recommendation letters are mandatory
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirements.
For more information on CityU’s programmes, please fill in the contact form below and we will get back to you soon.