All international students who apply to the CityU require a visa to enter Cyprus. Students wishing to apply at CityU should send the following documents to the International Students’ Office by post, fax or email, in order to be submitted to the Migration Authorities for evaluation:
International Students’ Office
19, Stasinou Str., 2404 Nicosia – Cyprus
Tel.: +357 22 332333
Fax.: +357 22 332313
Documents needed for applying to obtain a visa:
- Completed Application for Admission Form.
- Application fee of 150€ (non-refundable)
- Attested copy of Passport (valid at least 2 years from the commencement of classes). Pakistani and Egyptian applicants’ passports do not need attestation.
- Attested copies of Secondary and Senior Secondary High-School Certificates and Official Transcripts for Diploma and Bachelor Programs.
- Students who are applying for a Masters degree must also submit an attested copy of their Bachelors Degree and Transcripts.
- Attested Non-Criminal Record Certificate issued by the local police or Ministry of Home Affairs (for Indian nationals this must be issued by the Passport Office), stating that the applicant has no criminal record. The Certificate must not be issued more than 4 months before the application deadline. In case there is validity or expiry date written on it, then the Certificate should be valid until the date the classes commence.
- Attested Bank Letter clearly certifying that the student’s sponsor has sufficient funds to cover the student’s expenses and studies in Cyprus (amount of minimum 7000€). The Bank Letter should be issued on the student’s or father’s/mother’s name, no more than a month before application deadline. The sponsor can only be the father or mother of the applicant. If neither the Passport nor the Police Character Letter state the relationship between the student and the sponsor, then a Certificate of Relationship issued by the Police or other official authorities stating the relationship between the student and sponsor must accompany the bank letter.
- Attested Bank Statement showing that the student’s sponsor maintains a balance of at least 7000€. This statement must be issued no earlier than one month prior to the application deadline.
- Attested Medical Examination report issued no more than 4 months before the application deadline which proves that the student is free from HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Syphilis and Tuberculosis:
- a. Blood analysis test for HIV, Syphilis, Hepatitis B and C
- b. Chest X-Ray for tuberculosis
- Two passport size photos with the applicant’s name written at the back.
- Transfer of 3000 euro to the college bank account before the application submission. A copy of the transfer statement and a receipt from the college will be submitted to the migration along with the application. No visas will be issued without transfer statement and receipt.
- All the above documents must be original copies, provided in the English Language, clearly readable and bare the proper attestations.
- All international applicants are required to attest the above mentioned documents by the appropriate / relevant authorities in their country. The attestation process differs between countries who have signed the Hague Convention, 1961 (Apostille) and those who have not.
- Non government documents need to visibly state the name and phone number of the person who issued them.