Accreditation & Recognition
The College was established in 2012 and is accredited by the Ministry of Education and Culture, according to the ministerial decree of November 12, 2012, as White City College. Since August 2014 the college operates under the title City Unity College Nicosia as a branch of City Unity College Athens.
Basic Questions – Answers regarding accreditation in Cyprus:
1. What is the situation regarding Colleges and Licenses?
Laws 1996-2013 on Institutions of Tertiary Education define the establishment and operation procedures of the Institutions of Tertiary Education and the areas of studies they offer, as well as the inspection and evaluation procedures. Legislation also fends for the drafting of Regulations regarding the facilities, the laboratories and the inspection of the schools.
Consequently, College licenses are provided by the Ministry of Education and Culture and colleges operate under its regulations and supervision. Το City Unity College Nicosia is registered in the Ministry of Education and Culture and is included in the registry of institutions of tertiary education that is posted on the website of the Ministry of Education and Culture of Cyprus.
2. Is there a difference between the degree obtained after studying in a college cooperating with a foreign university and the degree obtained after studying abroad?
According to the Ministry of Education and Culture every private school has the right to award degrees of educational institutions of member states or enable educational institutions of member states to award their degrees in Cyprus, given that the requirements mentioned in Laws 1996-2013 on Institutions of Tertiary Education are satisfied.
The degrees awarded through franchise to the students of City Unity College Nicosia are exactly the same with those awarded to students studying in the university abroad and are accredited by the Cyprus Council for the Recognition of Degrees.
3. How can graduates obtain Recognition of Professional Equivalence of Higher Education Degrees?
After receiving their degree, students can proceed with recognition of professional equivalence of higher education degrees, if they hold degrees from EU member states under the condition that:
The degrees are:
– of 3-year duration of studies at least, when referring to Bachelor degrees
– of less than 3-year duration of studies, when referring to Master degrees
– of 3-year duration of studies at least, when referring to doctoral degrees
News – Announcements City Unity
- Ο Δρ Ιωάννης Βιολάρης, Ακαδημαικός Διευθυντής στο City Unity College, Λευκωσίας, παραθέτει τις απόψεις του για τις τρέχουσες οικονομικές εξελίξεις
- To τμήμα Ψυχολογίας του CUCN ολοκλήρωσε με επιτυχία το πρόγραμμα εκπαίδευσης μελών οδικής ασφάλειας σε θέματα Εκπαίδευσης και Ψυχικής Υγείας.
- Η επίδραση του Στρες στην καθημερινότητά μας
- Τι είναι Συμπεριφορά Υγείας;
- Αντίδραση στην ασθένεια